Re: building dia (was: feature request: hover help/tooltip text)

On 7/24/06, Todd Chambery <chambery dev gmail com> wrote:
Tim,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it with one of my completed
drawings, and it's a reasonable workaround.  The problem, of course:  if
the diagram is modified, the "definitions" layer is not wired to the
widgets on the layer underneath, and things have to be reworked.

I have some programming experience, is there a "fast track" document for
building dia?  I'd like to take a look and see if I could maybe hack
something in.

[...]

Dia is following the convention of shipping a file called INSTALL in
the root source directory, explaining build specifics.
The file can also be obtained via the CVS repository browser:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/dia/INSTALL?rev=1.17&view=markup

HTH,
Rob