re: feature request: hover help/tooltip text

Todd Chambery wrote:

Hi all,

I'm sure you have plenty on your plate, but a feature a I think would be
useful:

    Hover help/tooltip text

I have some large diagrams with lots of notes, many of which are
definitions.  They're important for saving me from flipping to the data
dictionary, but tend to clutter the diagram as a whole.  It would be
helpful to attach a tooltip to these texts (or any widgets) that would
only appear when the mouse is hovered.  These tips could be indicated by
an underline or glow, and would not show up on the exported/printed diagram.

What do you think,

Todd

I'm not trying to talk you out of your idea but would using an additional Layer (Diagram -> Layer) work?  You
can turn on or turn off the layer depending on the amount of information you need to see at any given time.

Timothy