Re: Dia-0.95

-- Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 11:37 -0500, Steven Lembark wrote:
A new version of dia would at least allow me to try using it
again. The font issues in 0.94 are bad enough that I have not
been able to use it at all.

Yes, we have disabled the cache that was causing problems.  Thus
text-heavy diagrams will be somewhat slower to update, but the text will
be (should be) correct.

Frankly, if 0.94.1 had come out with nothing more than that
fixed in it I'd have been able to use the thing.

You'll have to find some way of managing interem bugfix
releases if non-developers are going to keep using dia.
It is a wonderful tool, but I cannot wait a year for
brickwall bugs to get fixed. Even if there are new minor
bugs left in the minor releases, releases with the major
bugs need to be out more often.

enjoi

--
Steven Lembark                                       85-09 90th Street
Workhorse Computing                                Woodhaven, NY 11421