Re: UMLClass memory management mess (was: Dia ChangeLog report for 2006-01-13 04:00:00 UTC (Fri 13 Jan))

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 13:14 +0100, Hans Breuer wrote:

Hi Lars et al.,
your recent change in object/UML/class_dialog.c and the change
to umlattr1bute.c (missing a ChangeLog) entry introduces an
inconsitency again with regard to the memory management of
connections.
While before your change both uml_attribute_new() and
uml_operation_new() did create their connection points themself
now there was uml_attribute_new()->left_connection == NULL but
uml_operation_new()left_connection != NULL.
Also the connections were only sometimes initialized after
uml_attribute_new(), which is obviously wrong.

Yes, I was in the middle of figuring it out and trying one solution when
real life interfered.

Although I was the one moving the connection memory management
down to UMLAttribute and UMLOperation I've now reverted this back
to how it was up to until 0.94.
Although the scheme is rather complicate it appears to work again.
It seems as if this is really fixing bug #314153 and #326453. At
least as far as I've tested (connecting, deleting,
attributes/operations, undo, redo, ...)

Yes, it does appear so!  Many, many thanks, that bug was driving me
nuts!

I'd like if you could take a look and/or give it a try. It is
just commited to cvs.

It's holding up to all the testing I can throw at it.  Nice!

There's only one thing holding me from declaring release now, namely the
grid problems.  Seems that it's only when the grid is less that 1.0 the
grid goes wonkers when you move stuff on it.  This happens with both
dynamic and user-defined grid.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (lars raeder dk, larsrc gmail com, http://lars.raeder.dk)
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the