Re: 0.95-pre1 Problem printing in Windows.

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Rob McDonald wrote:

If I go into Page Setup and set the Dia margins to zero all the way around,
Dia prints to an appropriate scale.

However, if I set typical margins (say 1" all around), Dia scales the page
up to fill an entire piece of paper. (Despite Scale: set to 100%, which in
my mind should not change zoom at all).

Workaround is obviously to use zero margins and lay your stuff out within
the pages indicated by Dia.

This is probably related to your issue.

I just noticed that things have improved between 0.95-pre1 and 0.95-pre2
:-) :-) :-)

To be specific, I suspect that the scaling issue is fixed now with some
margins (2.82 cm in this case). I created two diagrams and tested printing
(well, converting to PDF). Here's the test cases and the output:

 http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/dia/
 http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/dia/test_print_to_A4_alt2_from_Win_0.95-pre1.pdf
 http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/dia/test_print_to_A4_alt2_from_Win_0.95-pre2.pdf

So, many thanks to the Dia developers!

/Christian

PS. When there's a Windows version available of pre3 I'll test with it as
well.