Re: Editing Text On a Symbol - Mouse Selection of Text to Edit?

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 16:21 -0600, Jason Alan Smith wrote:
Hello:

I was wondering if there were plans to allow mouse selection of parts of
the text in a symbol.  Right now, I have to cursor and use CTRL and/or
SHIFT to highlight text to edit.  I would also like to say double click
in a symbol to highlight all text.

How difficult would this be to implement?  Is this something that a
novice C coder could easily (or easy with a little/fair amount of work)
could implement?

No.  The text editing code is a horrible kludge that is to be replaced
with GtkTextEntry as soon as possible.

Also, I'd like to be able to turn on antialiasing by default but I don't
see a preference for it.  Would this be something that a novice could do
you think?

Yes, that would be fairly easy to do.

I would also like to see a toolbar in the drawing/page window so user
can choose text color, etc.  How difficult would it be do you think to
add this to the existing code framework?

That depends on what things you'll want to go on there and how they'd
affect the objects.  If it's just the same tools as in the toolbox, not
too hard.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (lars raeder dk, larsrc gmail com, http://lars.raeder.dk)
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the