Printing strangeness with Dia 0.95.1

I get slightly different scalings of my printed diagram depending on how I print it. This is with Dia 0.95.1 for Windows.

If I first print the document to PDF (using Adobe), and then print the PDF to the printer (a Brother MFC-7820N), everything is fine. The diagram contains scales that come out on paper as they should. In other words,
19 cm along the horizontal line is 19 cm when printed.

However, if I print *directly* to the printer from within Dia, then the diagram is scaled slightly. The 19 cm on the diagram is now only 18.5 cm!

The other printer is broken here, or I would have tried printing to that as well (to see if the problem is specific to the Brother MFC-7820N).

So I would like to ask if someone else on this list can repeat the experiment, i.e. printing

        http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/dia/print_test.dia

and

        http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/dia/print_test.pdf

Then compare the printouts - or simply use a ruler to check that the scales on the papers are correct.

Best regards
/Christian

PS. This diagram is also useful to check the margins that your printer can handle.