Re: Can't run Dia 0.95-pre7 on XP

On 11.04.2006 18:58, cnelson nycap rr com wrote:
If you had a previous dia installation on the machine before,
please remove it completely (unistaller and/or deletion of program
files\dia)before installing the latest version
Uninstalled and reinstalled.  Same error.
Removal of the program files\dia folder might give better results.

I hope that libcairo-2.dll is only used in the cairo plug-in. Try to delete dia\cairo.dll in your 0.95-pre7 installation.

I deleted program files\dia, reinstalled Dia and it failed.  Then I
deleted cairo.dll and it still failed (same error).

If you have gtk+-2.8 the cairo library is one of the *required* dependencies. The library is libcairo-[somenumber].dll. The cairo plug-in is called cairo.dll.

And I've never seen crashes with just *loading* the plug-in as done on startup (there is no cairo code involved there at all, just Dia's
plug-in registration.

Instead of a de- and re-installation dance you may want to try some
of the *built-in* diagnostics. Look into your $(TEMP) directory
for a file called dia-0.95-pre7.log and attach it.

Or change in a console window to Dia's bin directory and run 'dia',
*not* diaw. Than you may see some meesages on the console window
which could help us to further analyze the problem.

To get rid of the libcairo-2.dll dependecy you also could install
gtk+-2.6 instead of 2.8. [The only way to possibly run Dia on
win9x.]

        Hans