Re: joining segments and highlighting regions

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:21:21 +0300, Antonis Tsolomitis wrote
Hello,

Is there a way to join two segments so that they behave as a
polygonal line? Is it possible to do the same with a line segment
and a bezier curve? Two bezier curves?

And is there a way to highlight a region? Say, I have a function
(drawn with bezier curves) and I want to highlight the region
between the function, the x-axis and two lines x=a and x=b. Can this
be done easiliy somehow?

 Perhaps the "Beziergon" is good for you. It is offered in all principal
menues, and can be filed

I attach a not perfect example

  (You can add segments with the mid point of the mouse; and in Properties
you can fill .. ; and there ara some other possibilities I don't understand)
  This closed line, when selected, appears with green pairs of red points
having a green point "in the middle".
  Touching and moving the red points you control the shape without moving
yhe green points
  You can get straight lines
  By putting together two green points and their corresponding red points
you get "sharp angles" (This is the most difficult part
  You cat attach lines or Text to the green points

 Are there any plans for adding such
functionality in the future? I do not want something very fancy.
Simple things like, day, shading with diagonal lines similar to xfig.

thank you,

Antonis.