RE: Patches submitted for Bug 303744

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 11:49 -0600, Dave Klotzbach wrote:
I also corrected the way the comment are displayed. In UML comments are to
be displayed as {documentation = ...} tags. With these patches dia now does
this correctly for UMLClass objects.
The specification for UML are covered in general in the book "The Unified
Modeling Language User Guide" by Grady Booch, James Rumbaugh and Ivar
Jacobson. It only covers UML 1.0, but I was going to make UML compliant with
that before tackling UML 2.0. You can find out more about UML 2.0 at
http://www.uml.org/

The newest UML 2.0 specs I can see appears to be
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/apps/doc?formal/05-07-04.pdf which defines
comments as being in separate Note objects.  The oldest specs available
there (1.3, at http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/apps/doc?formal/00-03-01.pdf)
don't define anything like that either.  I've also never seen anything
like it in any of the UML examples I've seen.  Maybe I should get the
book.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>