Re: Problem with G_INLINE_FUNC using microsoft compiler

On 21.03.2005 13:58, clement begue wrote:
Hi everyone!
I downloaded the last CVS snapshot to compile it under Windows.
My compiler is microsoft visual C++ 6.0.
When I try to make the dia lib sources (from makefile.msc in the /lib
directory), I get this error :

[...]

libdia.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
distance_point_point
[...]

It seems like all the G_INLINE_FUNC functions in the geometry.h files
are ignored, I searched for those symbols in all the .obj files, and
they are nowhere to be found, so it can't link/write these functions in
libdia.dll.
It should work out of the box (and does for me compiled against recent
GLib cvs). Though there was some change needed, related and may exactly
what's breaking your build. Try replacing in geometry.c

#define G_IMPLEMENT_INLINES

with:

#undef G_INLINE_FUNC
#define G_INLINE_FUNC extern

This is how it was before though it lloked suspicious to me ;)

        Hans