Properties dialog without c programming

Hey !

I made it to create a new icon within a new group and a appropriate properties-dialog by using c. The question is now: Is all that necessary in order to get my own properties dialog and the entered values in the dia-files? What would be enough for my work would be: I create a new shape by using dias build in function and create in addition to that a dialog with some text-entry fields, by lets say, just creating an xml-file which contians these fields, and the dialog will be created based on that!

thanks!
denny