Re: Newbie Question - Object 90 Degree Rotation

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 11:29 -0500, Jim Bradbury wrote:
I'd like to be able to rotate objects 90 degrees left or
right.  I can flip horizontal and  vertical.
I found reference to arbitrary rotation in the FAQs,
(http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/faq.html#Rotating)
but nothing about 90 degree rotation.

Can it be done, I'm I missing something?

I'm sorry, but no, it cannot be done in Dia as of today.  It requires
some internal changes that I'm not sure we'll be ready to do before 1.0.
The rendering itself is easy enough, but figuring out where handles are,
how to autoroute, how groups work etc is tricky.  Doing 90 degree
rotations and arbitrary rotations are pretty much the same, except
autorouting is easier in 90 degree rotations.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>