Resizable TextEntry or TextView

Hello,
I'm trying to develop some sort of a simplified flowchart editor with too few options to be used for educational purposes. I have come to the point where i must create the user interface so i need to do some drawing on the screen.

For the time beeing im trying to build a simple window with a text box surrounded by a black rectangle. I want the text box and the rectangle to expand/shrink to fit the text as the user types in/erases text.

After reading GTK and GDK reference pages and GTK tutorial i thought i'd use a TextEntry or even better a TextView(multiline) but in vain. I did't manage to make it resizable and i didn't manage to even paint the black rectangle around it let alone resizing(the rectangle). So i thought i'd must be doing something wrong. Any help would be very appreciated. For example any advice like: "consider using a DrawingArea" or try to use this container to layout your widgets, or this is how you can eventually draw a line on a window(? it does implement drawable doesn't it?).

Thanks for your time,
NK

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger Download today it's FREE!