Why aren't the arrow keys used for anything?

Hi

I'm a bit surprised that the arrow keys don't do anything in Dia... why
can't you use them to move a selected object or scroll the view?

Is there a place to enable this?

regards
/Christian

PS. Have any of you developers used Simulink (MATLAB) recently? The
"diagram editor" there is getting much better. I used it recently and
realized that there's stuff there that would well in Dia:

* Allow arrow keys for moving objects and/or points (on curves)
* Auto connection of zig-zag lines between objects. You use it like this:
  First select the starting object. Then click on the destination object
  while holding down a modifier key (can't remember which). The result
  is a zig-zag line between the objects.
* The zig-zag lines have become more intelligent. If you move a zig-zag
  line with several 'points', and you move it so that it "folds" on itself
  the surplus points disappear. It's very convenient.

The caveat is of course that the above is most useful when drawing block
diagrams with lots of signal flows.