Re: arrows & text

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 13:29 +0200, Francisco Borges wrote:
Hello,

A two questions I cound't find out the asnwer by reading the
documentation.

1. In the UML figure group there is an arrow with a text entry
(ie. "Message") whose position changes automatically with the rotation
of the arrow, but this is somehow a fixed figure, so I can't change the
arrow end.

Simply grouping won't do since since I can't (?) rotate the
'arrow + text' group.

Is there a way to attach the text like this to an "all purpose" arrow?

No.

If not, where is the "Message" figure defined so that I can try to
modify it (or is this harder than it seems?)?

The object is objects/UML/message.c.  It's a well-written object that
should be easy to modify (or rather, copy and base a new object one).
Just take out the stuff that deals with the message type and add a
property for the arrow head like the ordinary line
(objects/standard/line.c).

2. Often I need an arrow with head (and tail) like this (to indicate the
lenght of a vector):

with all the distinct arrow heads available I wonder why this is not
available out of the box. Is there some diagrams in all the different
groups shipped with dia that does this?

Nobody asked for it.  We haven't done a survey of all the arrowheads in
use in various fields, people have just added them when needed.  This
one should be very easy to add.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>