Re: Scaling, printing, etc. in Dia

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 07:45:30PM +0200, Lars Clausen wrote:
    The rulers are entirely arbitrary, my A4 sheets is 24 x 15 whereas
    a real A4 sheet of paper is 29.7 x 20.5.

That's due to margins.  If you change the margins in page setup, the
rulers will go to normal A4 paper.  The centimeters are real
centimeters.

Ah, OK, I hadn't realised that!

    The grid is too coarse, it has only 24 divisions across the long
    dimension of my A4 sheet and snap to grid snaps to this (larger
    than 1cm) grid.

You can set the grid explicitly in the Diagram Properties dialog, just
turn off dynamic grid and set the grid to 0.1x0.1.

If I zoom to the 283% default I get a much finer grid drawn but it
doesn't affect the scaling (still 24 divisions for the length of my
A4) and, mor importantly it doesn't affect 'snap to grid' so I still
get larger than 1cm jumps.

The latter would be a problem with the dynamic grid code.  Doesn't seem
to adjust along with the shown grid.

So if I turn dynamic grid off all should be well?  Anyway I'll try it
when I get home this evening (at work now).

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

--
Chris Green (chris areti co uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence."