Text associated to BezierLines

I'm wanting to use Dia for creating event-driven state diagrams and use the resulting XML to generate code. I find the UML class object to be good for describing states, but I need to have the connecting BezierLines have text associated with them in order to represent event paths. The properties box for BezierLines do not have a field for text, nor is text associated with the lines on the diagram.

Does anyone know of a more appropriate line object that will provide associated text? If not, are there any plans to add text to line properties? How hard would that be to do?

--Tim