Re: Keeping defaults for next time

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:24:25 +0100, Chris Green <chris areti co uk> wrote:

Sorry, I should have said, it is version 0.94.

I'm pretty sure it's not saving defaults.  Am I right in thinking that
all I have to do is set the defaults in the toolbox?  I'm sure (for
example) that I've set the font size to 0.4 there but when I start dia
again later it's back at 0.8.  I'll check more thoroughly though.

It should save them, then.  Unless perhaps you quit out of Dia in a
particularly brutal way, such as Ctrl-C or destroying the window.

They actually print a lot thinner looking on my HP Laser printer than
they do on my HP inkjet so maybe it's a printer driver issue.  The
trouble is that I'd really like to use colour to allow differentiation
of different sorts of lines and that means I need to use the inkjet
(until I get a colour laser?).

I've seen very thin lines on Windows printing, but they use a totally
different API.  AFAIR you use Linux, where printing and exporting to
EPS (with Pango fonts) is the same.  You can print to a file and see
what it looks like there.

We used to have 0cm lines that were considered 'hairline', but that
was too printer dependent, so now we just use a fairly small line. It
may be smaller than what some printers can print.

-lars