Re: Keeping defaults for next time

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 08:54:21AM +0200, Lars Ræder wrote:
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 22:20:26 +0100, Chris Green <chris areti co uk> wrote:
Is there any way to save things like line width and text size defaults
for the next time one runs dia?

I mean those things that appear when you double-click on an object.
When set on the tools (as opposed to objects) they set the defaults
for 'this' run of dia but I'd like to be able to save them so I get
the same defaults the next time I run dia.

What version of Dia are you using?  Saving defaults for objects have
been there for several versions, but only 0.94 has saved line width,
color etc. settings.

Sorry, I should have said, it is version 0.94.

I'm pretty sure it's not saving defaults.  Am I right in thinking that
all I have to do is set the defaults in the toolbox?  I'm sure (for
example) that I've set the font size to 0.4 there but when I start dia
again later it's back at 0.8.  I'll check more thoroughly though.

Also the fonts seem to print very bold on my system, I have a
smattering of fonts in addition to the serif, sans, etc. such as
Bitstream ones, Luxi ones and a couple of others but they all print
out very bold, even in non-bold.  Especially in small font sizes this
makes them somewhat illegible.  Is there any way to reduce the
boldness of the fonts and/or can anyone recommend a less bold one?

We print them the way we get them from Pango (though there's an
antialiasing issue for non-selected objects sometimes).

They actually print a lot thinner looking on my HP Laser printer than
they do on my HP inkjet so maybe it's a printer driver issue.  The
trouble is that I'd really like to use colour to allow differentiation
of different sorts of lines and that means I need to use the inkjet
(until I get a colour laser?).

--
Chris Green (chris areti co uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence."