Re: Resizing problems

* Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk> [2004-03-28 07:29]:

There has been a bug where a newly created object didn't register
keyboard shortcuts.  But for "older" objects, it should work.  We've
moved to using the Delete key recently, though.

I just opened a file I created yesterday, and tried the following to
delete a preexisting object:

control-d
delete
backspace

None of them worked.  The only thing that works is a cut (control-x).
That works up until I have an object on the clipboard that I don't
want to overwrite by deleting something.  In the worst case I'll have
to paste the object from the clipboard, cut the object I want deleted,
then cut the temporary object again.

I've been using multiple different layers in a network design
layout, and I have not been able to connect objects in one layer
to objects in a different layer.  Is there a way to do this?  I'd
like to have each LAN in a box on its own layer, but eventually
the LANs have to connect to each other.

That's not possible at the moment, though I don't think there's a
really strong reason for it.  It'll just take some fiddling with
updates and a way in the layer dialog to mark which layers are
active for connection.

I didn't understand your workaround there, but I'll probably just use
two layers.  A background layer for the labels, and the whole network
in the top layer, since it's all connected.

Which version of Dia are you using?

0.92.2

I'm using Red Hat 9.0, which is comes with Dia 0.90.  I upgraded Dia
because it seemed a lot of progress is being made from version to
version.  I now get this warning when I run dia, and I'm not sure how
it affects me:

Warning: program compiled against libxml 206 using older 205