Re: Rounded Polyline, and other questions?

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:29:03PM +0200, Lars Clausen wrote:

I see one weird behaviour right now:  You calculate the minimum radius
for the entire line.  This means that if you have a well-rounded
polyline with >>3 points and then bend one end back, all corners
suddenly become less rounded, not just the one that's bent.  Guess the
radius calculation should be local to each corner.

I calculated the minimum radius for the whole line for 2 reasons.
  1) the properties dialog suggests a single corner radius
  2) the box corner rounding had similiar behavior

It should be a straightforward change to do the calculation for each
corner, however given the box behavior and the dialog, should the
calculation be local to to each corner?  And if so should the
properties dialog be somehow different?

The box corner rounding does not face the problem of different angles for
the corners, so it didn't have to solve this problem.  I see it as simply
a rendering problem -- if an angle is too acute to use the radius given,
render with a smaller radius for that one angle.  No changes in the
dialog.

-Lars