Re: Rounded Polyline, and other questions?

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 08:13, anthonym overture com wrote:
Not a problem, it's a good thing because I realize I missed something
with the previous patch, I didn't adjust the radius if if was bigger than
the polyline could handle.  This only manifested itself with acute angles
when rounding polylines.

Anyway, this is fixed in the attached patch (which also includes the previous
changes, so you can disregard that patch).

I've applied this patch, with some changes (moved purely geometric
functions to geometry.c, moved unrounded rendering back to polyline).

I see one weird behaviour right now:  You calculate the minimum radius
for the entire line.  This means that if you have a well-rounded
polyline with >>3 points and then bend one end back, all corners
suddenly become less rounded, not just the one that's bent.  Guess the
radius calculation should be local to each corner.

Also, I believe it wouldn't be too hard to add the corner rounding to the
polygons, and I may submit a patch for that sometime soon.

Shouldn't be much harder than the polyline, indeed.

-Lars