Re: W32 compilation with 0.93 version

At 16:21 09.06.04, nicosoftcorp free fr wrote:

I compiled the version 0.93 without freetype2

Congratulations. Maybe you want to share some more of your experience with the list _or_ help improve the documentation where it was unclear for you ?

but when dia is running, I haven't
the drop-down list (palette of objects).
Are there a link with freetype ??

Nope, there isn't.

Or it's an other problem ?

Yes ;) To get the objects (better: sheets and shapes) you need to put your build output in the right places. And also some files which are not created automatically in the win32 build, namely *.sheet created from *.sheet.in and *.shape from *.shape.in

When I want to compil with freetype2, I have this error :
   Création de la bibliothèque libdia.lib et de l'objet libdia.exp
diagdkrenderer.obj : error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu _pango_ft2_render
_layout référencé dans la fonction _draw_string
dialibartrenderer.obj : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu _pango_ft2_ren
der_layout
dialibartrenderer.obj : error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu _pango_ft2_get
_context référencé dans la fonction _begin_render
font.obj : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu _pango_ft2_get_context
dialibartrenderer.obj : error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu _pango_ft2_fon
t_get_face référencé dans la fonction _draw_string
libdia.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 externes non résolus
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl'á: code retour '0x2'
Stop.

As the namespace shows there is pangoft2.lib missing on your link line, something similar to

PANGOFT2_LIBS = $(PANGO_LIBS) $(PANGO)\pango\pangoft2-$(PANGO_VER).lib

in your build/win32/make.msc

        Hans