Re: Prerelease of 0.94 is out

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 05:19, Andrew Ross wrote:
On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 22:46, Lars Clausen wrote:
On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 12:54, Andrew Ross wrote:

Should python and python-xml/pyxml be listed as build time dependencies?
I couldn't find any mention of them in INSTALL, but they are required by
sheets/checktrans.py (which is used to produce the sheet translation
report).

I'd rather turn the sheet translation report off when not having
python.  It's not like it's essential functionality for the end user.

Would you prefer to keep sheet translation report separate from
--with-python, so sheet translation report can still run when users
elect _not_ to build pydia?

If so, can configure simply autodetect python and python-xml/pyxml and
adjust the makefile accordingly?

The sheet translation report is in no way essential to the build.  I'd
prefer it just be skipped if no python is found.

-Lars