Re: help wanted, trying out a few ideas for post 0.94

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 19:57, anthonym overture com wrote:
If you are looking into keybindings a couple that I've really wanted
(and vaguely recall existing at some point), are for Group and Ungroup.

It seems that I'm often grouping and ungrouping while moving things
around and hunting through the menu is tedious.

Ctrl-G and Shift-Ctrl-G

Also, alignment operations might be nice to have in hot keys.

At this point, we are kinda running out.

One question for the group, is it possible to access alignment operations
via the python scripting?  I'd love to have a keybinding which would do
the equivalent of aligning 2 objects middle and center.  I often do this
in order to get boxes of text, I'll draw the object, draw the text centered,
then align center and middle (via many menu dives), finally group them.

As far as I can tell, there no alignment ops in the Python plugin, but
it would certainly not be hard to add.

If the scripting would allow me to automate this sort of action, or if
I've completely missed something and there's some easier way to do it
I'd love to find out.

Take a look at the first four Flowchart objects.

I think all the keybindings and renamings you mention sound fine.
Looking forward to more keybindings.

-Lars