Re: Prerelease of 0.94 is out

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Roland Stigge wrote:

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:32:34 +0200
From: Roland Stigge <stigge antcom de>
To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: Prerelease of 0.94 is out

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 00:40, Alan Horkan wrote:
Dia had a document menubar long before other programs did, [...]

Didn't know this. :) Just tried it. But don't understand why the context
version of the menu is disabled when the menu bar is activated.

Dia also has a "middle click" context menu which really sucks if you have
only two buttons on your mouse.  The middle click context menu is
accessible by right clicking when the menubar is enable.

In the long run just about everything should be accessible without needing
to resort to a context menu (I might even go so far as to want to make Dia
usable without a mouse/pointing device but that would probably be a bit
much).  For the moment it is unfortunately necessary.

What I dont get is why the little widget on the top right between the
rulers that allows you access the context menu is active?  Maybe it was
getting in the way but it seems odd to disable it, there must have been a
reason.

I think the concept is sound with a little refinement it will become less
intrusive for more experienced users like yourself that have no need for
it.

- Alan