Re: On Shapes and SVG

Le Wed, Jun 30, 2004, à 10:25:27PM -0700, anthonym overture com a écrit:
Is there anyone doing any ongoing work on SVG?  If not could someone
give me a quick rundown of where I might need to look to support
the 'A' in paths (since that seems to be what is used for writing), or
better yet a quick explanation of how SVG currently works and what is
missing?

Have a look at plug-ins/svg/render_svg.c for the output
               plug-ins/svg/svg-import.c for one way of loading SVG
               objects/custom/shape_info.c for another
                        (in particular, the function parse_svg_node() )

Also, when creating custom shapes I often find myself spending a lot
of time removing connection points.  I've found myself creating a dia
file with a shape.  Exporting it as a shape and then having to edit
the .shape file to remove connection points.  Has any thought gone into
the ability to remove connections points from objects?

There may be some things to add to
http://faemalia.org/wiki/view/Technical/VirtualConnectionPoints and then
of course an implementation to do...

        -- Cyrille