Wrapping dia interfaces to enable in Python

This is probably an inappropriate suggestion to people who know way more than I do about Dia. But I have used SWIG (http://swig.org) very successfully to provide a complex C library as a Perl-accessible interface in the past, and it also supports Python. It didn't take very long to figure out how to use it. You basically feed it the .h files along with additional guidance as needed, and it emits a shim layer for mating the (Perl/Tkl/Python/Guile/Java/Ruby/Mzscheme/ PHP/caml/C#/chicken scheme/javascript/eiffel) scripting language to the underlying C or C++ library.

Of course you have issues with mating the data types, but these can be worked out pretty easily.

Carol Lerche