Rate my Network Diagram!?! [was Re: editor for shapes ?( slightly [OT] )]

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Alexander wrote:

Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 18:44:34 +0100
From: Alexander <RittervomNie web de>
To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: editor for shapes ?( slightly [OT] )

Pontus Pihlgren schrieb:

a rackmount server that doesn't look like a sun.

I agree. Look at the top diagrams on this page, for a glimpse how good
things can look.

http://www.ratemynetworkdiagram.com

I prefer 10 elements, 3 colors, 1 font, 2 font styles and everbody gets
the story's gist. Not a fancy on, but usable

There are books on how to give effective presentations and how to properly
display statistical information that go into great detail on how certain
types of data should be presented in certain ways.

I dont think any of us would still be happily using Dia if we cared about
eye candy more than functionality and clear presentation of our work (and
free software of course).

I doubt anyone will be rushing to add gradient support or 3D to Dia, but
patches are always welcome.

http://www.ratemynetworkdiagram.com/?i=124

Never heard of that site before, will have to add it to my links page and
I will have to submit some diagrams that are recognisably from Dia!

- Alan H.

Free SVG Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org
Dia is for Diagrams  http://gnome.org/projects/dia/
Abiword is Awesome http://abisource.com