Re: editor for shapes ?

For shapes without text fields, or with just one text field, Dia is quite good to help creating
new shapes:

1) Use Dia to draw yor future shape.
2) Export yor work choosing extension 'shape';
   you will get 2 files, one with the extension .shape , the other one with extension .png;
  for the last one you will be asked to choose its size: just accept dia's proposal (some times
one does not see the small menu with yhe question, but it has to be answered....).
3) Use a text editor, if necessary, to modify the .shape file:
    - Usualy, the file includes many conection points; but you may want more or less of them
    - Add a textbox ... if you want a field text.
    - Change, if necessary,  aspect ratio ... and resize ....
    - Change if necessary, the shape name.
4) Use Sheets and Objects to incorporate your new shape to a sheet.
    (perhaps you also want to create a new sheet, and this can also be done with the Sheets
and Objects  menu.

I remember my work creating 'by hand' some shapes (with icons for them), and sheets and I
really think  Dia's help is quite important.

A Perl script could be prepared to  help to automatize the edition.

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 17:50:39 +0100, Alexander wrote