Re: Getting vector graphics from dia to MS Office

Le Wed, Apr 14, 2004, à 07:21:33PM -0600, Justin Gombos a écrit:

It seems that if I want to export a dia-gram to a vector graphic that
can be imported into directly Word, my only choice is EPS; which has
some problems.  It cannot be viewed on the screen.  The only reason I
would ever use Word is for delivering to professors who want to view
and annotate the document in Word.  Exported CGM files have some
problems with colors.

Have you tried WMF? This is Windows' native vector format, and in my
experience Word likes it. The only caveat is that dia seems to miscalculate
the boundary box, and you have to add a little bit of padding, but the
general rule of thumb is if dia under Windows prints it correctly, then
exporting it as WMF and importing it back to Word will yield the exact same
result (once you've dealt with the padding)

I'm not totally sure Mac PICT is a vector format; AFAIK it's their primary
raster format, iow no qualitative advantage over PNG.

        -- Cyrille