Re: PNG export bug

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Justin Gombos wrote:

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:03:10 -0600
From: Justin Gombos <mindfuq zianet com>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Re: PNG export bug

* Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk> [2004-04-13 16:37]:

Interestingly, the .dia files for all but reston are also corrupt.

Ah, I forgot about that.. my ISPs web ftp server has been corrupting
most of what I upload lately.  I'll try to find another way to post
them.  Locally, my dia files are fine, and only the three PNG files
have that strange artifact.

It's interesting that the png files should be corrupt, as they're
created as a bitmap and then converted directly to png with libpng.

Bitmap?  Why not vector?  I was assuming that since the dia-grams are
vector, and PNG is vector capable, that bitmapping would be
unnecessary.

PNG (Portable Network Graphic) is a raster (aka bitmap) graphics format.
PNG is not vector capable.  http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/
Perhaps you are thinking of SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)?
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/