Re: bounding points for boxes etc.

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 04:59:50PM -0500, Lars Clausen wrote:
On 2 Sep 2003, avp cad ru wrote:
Lars Clausen ??????????:
On 2 Sep 2003, avp cad ru wrote:

Almost every shape in Dia has connection points that allow a user to
bound these shapes to other ones via lines, curves etc. But there's a
strict amount of such points. Is there an easy way to change this
amount?

No.  We have discussed various solutions, but it's tricky.  It has to be

What if connection points are added in user defined (and thus fixed)
points, and Dia calculates percentage of each connection point's
position and resizes sides keeping ratio taken from that percentage
info?

That makes sense in most cases, but sometimes the object doesn't scale in a
linear fashion.  See for example the UML Component, the two extra block
don't change size when the whole thing is resized.

But does it really matter? I think that so far, most objects DO scale linearly.
So when rescaling object, dia could rescale its user-defined points too.
Cases where it does not work could be solved later

--
Jaroslav Benkovsky
Senior System Administrator

GCM/IT d- s:+ a- C++(+++) ULOI++++$ P++ L+++>++++ E+ W++
N w--- PS+ PE++ Y+ PGP R+ tv- b+++ D+ e+++ y+