Re: Shaded Venn diagrams

On Nov 25, 2003, at 6:40 AM, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

Le Tue, Nov 25, 2003, à 04:36:21AM -0600, Scott Lamb a écrit:

I think it would be a lot clearer if I could have better shading. Is it
possible in Dia to have the shading of two objects mix in their
overlapping region? I.e., could I make the Streams color greenish, the
Pollable color reddish, and have their overlap yellowish? I think that
would make this a much better diagram.

Unfortunately, not at this point. We don't even support background
colour transparency (I think that sodipodi does, FWIW)

Okay. Sorry to hear that, but thanks for the response.

I just tried out OmniGraffle on my OS X laptop, and had a pretty good result. Disappointing to not use a free/open source tool, but I'll live. <http://www.slamb.org/svn/repos/projects/atoms/descriptors.pdf>.

Thanks,
Scott Lamb