Re: dia segfault when exporting with builtin eps converter

On 8 Nov 2003, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
Ainsi parlait Lars Clausen :
On 7 Nov 2003, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
[guillaume durruti presentation]$ dia --export-to-format=eps-builtin
schema_general.dia
-> segfault
[guillaume durruti presentation]$ dia -e schema_general.eps
schema_general.dia
-> works

What is really weird, however, is that it fails 100% on one of my box,
but only 80% only on another. Both are running cooker (mandrake
experimental distribution) with almost same upgrade level. dia version
is 0.92.2 in both cases.

Can you send me the diagram you're trying to export?  Converting N
different diagrams with 0.92.2 eps-builtin hasn't given me a single
crash.
They are available from http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/tmp

They all go through nicely for me, so it must be something in your setup.

You may also want to check what the versions of the required libraries
are (especially freetype2 can give trouble).
Here they are:
[guillaume durruti presentation]$ for lib in `ldd /usr/bin/dia | cut -d ' ' -f
3`; do rpm -qf $lib; done | sort | uniq
dia-0.92.2-1mdk
glibc-2.3.2-15mdk
libart_lgpl2-2.3.16-1mdk
libatk1.0_0-1.4.1-1mdk
libaudiofile0-0.2.4-1mdk
libbonobo2_0-2.4.2-1mdk
libbonoboui2_0-2.4.1-1mdk
libesound0-0.2.32-1mdk
libexpat0-1.95.6-4mdk
libfontconfig1-2.2.1-6mdk
libfreetype6-2.1.4-5plf

I've seen some problems with freetype even up to 2.1.5 crashing, but the
newest CVS version working.  You may want to try that.

BTW, this eps thingie should really get more advertised, it has made me
almost insane with my latex-generated pdf slides...

It's in the man page and on the web site.  Where else should it go?
Dunno, I was more thinking about the general formulation. Something in
the lines of "Why are my fonts so ugly when converting eps files produced
by dia in pdf ?" that could also refer to the same FAQ.

I shall look at the FAQ at first opportunity.  Which may be some time from
now, given my schedule.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor