Re: Help to compile 0.91-prex

On Fru, 21 Feb 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Dolores Alia de Saravia wrote:
I'am trying to compile  dia 0.91 (I began 5 days ago because of
vacations).

But right now, I would like to understand better the differences
between some "words" appearing in dia.spec and INSTALL files
     Requires

This lists the packages necessary to run the compiled code.  Things
like
libgtk2 etc.

     BuildRequires

This lists the packages necessary to compile the code.  On top of the
development versions of the above, it also includes some compilation
tools
like automake, autoconf and libtool.

So, if I'm trying to install Pango, Pango-1.1.6,   from the tar.gz
file,
   will I need, first, to install the BuildRequired packages?
   I have found several of them but I have not benn able to find the
   "xxxxx-devel" ones

I also actualized my Suse to Suse 8.0 hoping for some of theese
packages to be already installed: but version numbers ar always less
than required.

Can you help me?

Thans once more

Loli
email:  loli unsa edu ar
Sent using NeoMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net