Re: dia, mac os x

On 21 Aug 2003, Aaron Titus wrote:
I have repeatedly tried to install Dia on Mac OS X (the latest
version) with no success. I have searched the Dia listserv archives
which report that some have done it, but otherwise there is no useful
information on how to install it.

I'm using the latest version of Fink and Apple's X11. I can run many X
applications.

The Dia configure script fails to find Gtk+2 even though I use
"./configure --prefix=/sw".

Try with

./configure --prefix=/sw/usr/

or

./configure --prefix=/sw/usr/local

if you Gtk+2 installation is in /sw/usr/local.

BTW I also tried to install Dia 0.90 thinking that since I am using
other Gtk applications, it would work. I installed all necessary
dependencies, but it can't seem to find them.

I got the Fink package of Dia 0.90 to work with no problems that I
remember.

Any help, such as step-by-step instructions, that describe how to
successfully install Dia on Mac OS X will be greatly appreciated.

I haven't heard of anyone installing Dia 0.91 on Mac OS X.  I will try to
give you us much help as I can (unfortunately, my iBook went to school with
my wife, so I can't try it myself).  If you could keep track of any special
things that need doing to get it to work, that'd be a great help.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor