dia, mac os x

I have repeatedly tried to install Dia on Mac OS X (the latest version) with no success. I have searched the Dia listserv archives which report that some have done it, but otherwise there is no useful information on how to install it.

I'm using the latest version of Fink and Apple's X11. I can run many X applications.

The Dia configure script fails to find Gtk+2 even though I use "./configure --prefix=/sw".

Any ideas?

BTW I also tried to install Dia 0.90 thinking that since I am using other Gtk applications, it would work. I installed all necessary dependencies, but it can't seem to find them.

Any help, such as step-by-step instructions, that describe how to successfully install Dia on Mac OS X will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

AT