Re: GTK 2.2 install helps DIA problems...

On 18 Aug 2003, Steffen Macke wrote:
I hope the windows developers will build the next version of Dia using
the shared GTK but I dont know if that is going to happen, I hope they
will take your comments as a recommendation to use the shared GTK.
As Hans is also doing GTK+ development, I don't think this is an
option for him (Hans, please correct if I'm wrong). For me and the
installer this is definitely an option, I'm currently investigating
the packages and the results look very promising (also because I'm
finally able to build using MSVC6 instead of MSVC7).

Expect a new dia release for Windows soon. The new release will fix the
incredible mixed runtime problems. And here's one drawback of the
just-copy-the-dlls-over approach: Saving the preferences will still
not work (It will with the new release).

That's great!  Thanks for the effort on getting it working.

I'm not sure whether the release should be a rebuild of 0.91 or a
snapshot of the current CVS version - any comments on this? Keep in
mind that 0.92 might only be a month away.

*Please* don't release a snapshot of CVS -- those are not tested well
enough for general use, and it'd mess up bug tracking horribly.  If you
don't want to want for 0.92, certainly make it a new Windows release of
0.91.  It'd be great to have those problems out (though we don't seem to be
getting too many reports on them).

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor