Re: GTK 2.2 install helps DIA problems...

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Michael Adams wrote:

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 23:08:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Adams <cwolfsheep yahoo com>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: GTK 2.2 install helps DIA problems...

I am a frequent user of the Win32 GAIM @
http://gaim.sourceforge.net &
run into GTK quirks @ times. Apparently, the latest
version uses an
updated GTK runtime that installs into a separate
directory (default is
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0"). You can copy
the the folders
in that directory over the existing ones in the
installed DIA 0.91-2
folder & eliminate apparently all of the
"black-window" issues that
happen beforehand. Also, if you obtain the library via
a GAIM install,
GAIM is installable with themes, so the theme you use
with GAIM may get
copied over into DIA when you copy the GTK files.

The standalone GTK for windows is available from
http://dropline.net/gtk/
no need for messing around with GAIM.

I am surprised that forcibly dropping in the libraries work.

I hope the windows developers will build the next version of Dia using the
shared GTK but I dont know if that is going to happen, I hope they will
take your comments as a recommendation to use the shared GTK.

- Alan