Re: How many use the diagram tree?

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 12:11:20 -0500, Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu>
wrote:
And while I'm on that subject, is there anything I can do to make
scrolling at low maginfications faster?

If this is with 0.91, then most likely text rendering is to blame.
Especially when using AA, it has taken a performance hit,  I think there
are some caching opportunities we're missing so far.

What about the optimal optimization, Lars?  I.e. do nothing: at some level
of [de]magnification, the text is illegible.  At that point, would it be
faster to render the text as '...' or something like that?  I blindly
surmise that a whole bunch of effectively useless font outline
calculations are going on.

Regards,

--jkl