Re: How many use the diagram tree?

While preparing to integrate the parenting code with the diagram tree
(making it an actually tree), I ran across a rather obvious bug in using
the diagram tree with groups and undo.  Curious that nobody has mentioned
this bug, I would like to hear how many actually use the diagram tree in
their work?  And if the diagram tree became more tree-like (i.e. with
groups and parents forming extra branches), would more people use it?

I use it often on a huge UML diagram (~334 classes), mainly to navigate to the class I need to work on.
Scrolling at anything smaller than about 30% magnification takes too long.

And while I'm on that subject, is there anything I can do to make scrolling at low maginfications faster?  I
realize I'm not running such a fast machine (900 MHz Via C3 w/ 256M), but Acrobat Reader on the same machine
can really zoom around similar diagrams and the same is true of ERwin on my dual 350 MHz P-II, so it seems
like it should be possible, at least in theory.

I keep meaning to really investigate scrolling performance with gprof (any recommendations other than
gprof?), but haven't gotten to it yet.

Thanks,
Andy