Re: Objects and sheets additions

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, David Nedrow wrote:

Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:32:14 -0400
From: David Nedrow <listbox nedron net>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Objects and sheets additions

Is there an accepted way to submit new sheets of objects (and updates of
existing sheets)?

Tarball and email us a link or attach to a bugzilla report
http://bugzillla.gnome.org

There are instructions somewhere (I'll try and find them later) on how to
put together the necessary makefiles, if you want to be extra helpful.

Just the other day Lars sent a Perl snippet to help with adding the
necessary _underscores_ to incdicate the translatable strings in the XML
files.  (/me wonders if _underscores is a really the right XML way of
doing things but anyway...)

I looked through the doco online and while I know I could submit patches
against CVS, how does one submit the associated object "icons"?

As these should all be new files it is not so much a case of patching as
simply adding them to CVS is best to take the
sheets/
shapes/
directories from your .dia/ folder and tarball and gzip them up as
MyShapeCollectionName.tar.gz

A paragraph or more for the documentation would be incredibly helpful too.

We have several things we've done here at my company that we'd like to
add to the project, including PCs andauthentication devices.

I am probably forgetting something but Thanks very much for contributing.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/