Re: some sheets.in.h inconsistencies

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Alan Horkan wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Alan Horkan wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

is contained in the description tag, and as such should be verbose,
instructive and descriptive (say ten words or less).

Verbose, but ten words or less?

Umm, silly me, doh!  I was going to say twenty words, but my point is
that it does have to be limited.  Verbose, but I intend to show the
description in the status bar and you dont want tooltips are too wide to
fit on screen.  I dont know if Gnome supports multiline tooltips (or if
multiline tooltips are necessarily a good idea).

Gtk2 wraps tooltips, look at the tooltips for the color area in CVS.  And
yes, you can embed newlines in them.  You don't seem to be able to add
markup, though:(

Of course, you don't want to write a novel in there, but I find the GTK
tooltips to be very unintrusive and lightweight.

D'oh, I just remembered that there is no translation of the name, as that's
used internally.  So the description should by default be just the name,
unless there is extra description in there (a few things have that, EML and
UML objects in particular).

I'm still divided between using 'A Something' or just 'Something', but
'Create a something' is right out.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor