Re: StdProp inheritance?

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Philippe Faes wrote:
I've been workin on that a bit too. I think it would be nice if those
properties (and UML actions,...) can define their own PROP list as well,

Look at the PROP_TYPE_FRAME (used in chronogram/chronoref and
standard/line), I think that's what you're looking for.  Note that it
doesn't require anything special of the 'inner' properties.

so that their data members can be saved (undone etc) automatically too.
I was thinking such a property (action,...) could be of type SubObject,
and the list prop would handle SubObjects. It would also (recusively?)
call the save (copy,...) functions of the SubObject. I wouldn't subclass
SubObject from Object, though.(maybe a diffent name would cause less
confusion? any sugestions?)

Note that the properties can have an action handler, too, see event_handler
in struct _PropDescription.  I'm confused as to why you'd want a new type
SubObject for this?

The list prop would also generate a widget like what you see in the UML
class: some container widget, containing a list of actions, buttons for
NEW, DELETE, MOVE UP, MOVE DOWN, and down below would be recursively
generated widgets (generated from the proplist of the SubObject).
The name I'd use for the property would be SubObjProperty (other
suggestions are welcome too)

Yes, that layout is just what I was hoping for.  Be sure that it can be
used recursively, for instance UML class has a list prop inside a list
prop.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor