Re: manual: little errors?
- From: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
- To: dia-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: manual: little errors?
- Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:06:36 +0100 (IST)
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Steffen Macke wrote:
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:16:01 +0200
From: Steffen Macke <sdteffen web de>
Reply-To: dia-list gnome org
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Re: manual: little errors?
I've been browsing around a bit, and failed to find a good explanation of
the benefits of XML DocBook over SGML DocBook. Could you expand a bit on
why we should switch?
* XML DocBook allows to build Windows HTML help files (*.chm)
* The PDF created from XML DocBook contains a tree-view TOC
* With the SGML DocBook I had a lot of problems to get it working,
I think it is hopeless on Windows (Unless you're a real SGML expert).
With the XML DocBook, you just install the EDE DocBook Environment
on Windows and it works.
I meant to file a bug report earlier (and i will do soon) but i was
wondering why we have both a /doc and /help directory, and hopefully we
can merge them and make things a little cleaner.
] [Thread Prev