Re: manual: little errors?

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Steffen Macke wrote:
I've been browsing around a bit, and failed to find a good explanation
of the benefits of XML DocBook over SGML DocBook.  Could you expand a
bit on why we should switch?

* XML DocBook allows to build Windows HTML help files (*.chm)

* The PDF created from XML DocBook contains a tree-view TOC

* With the SGML DocBook I had a lot of problems to get it working,
I think it is hopeless on Windows (Unless you're a real SGML expert).
With the XML DocBook, you just install the EDE DocBook Environment
on Windows and it works.

Those are good reasons.  Did you have a chance to try to compile your XML
converted sources on a Unix machine?

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor