a future Dia package for geometrically precise mathematical figures?

Hi --

I have been using pstricks to do geometrical diagrams, and while I love the precision you get, it seems to me that there must be some way to make the figures more easily. The ability to export dia diagrams as pstricks figures is great, but there is room to grow: I have in mind adding the full functionality of pstricks into dia (i.e. a way to specify everything in coordinates) and in addition something that pstricks doesn't have, namely a way to fidget with things using the mouse. A "protractor" tool is something that is available in some similar programs. Being able to specify things like the angle at which two lines or arcs meet or the radius and center of a circle or arc would be great. Making an extensible user friendly language for doing geometrical constructions is an even bigger but potentially more fruitful task:
you can in fact do geometry in pstricks, but it is a royal pain.

How much of this has been done? How much is possible with Dia? Are there people out there interested in working on a project like this? Advice or leads and any other feedback is appreciated.

Joseph A. Corneli