Re: why don't use glade?

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, linutux loinux wrote:

Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:19:01 +0000
From: linutux loinux <linutux_1 hotmail com>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: why don't use glade?

Hello.

I would like work with UML with dia, but it haven't some options that I
need.

what options?
are you using Dia 0.90?
have you been following the mailing list or checked the recent mailing
list archives or checked bugzilla to see if any of the enhancements you
are intersted in have already been dicsussed or even added?

I had planned add it in dia, but I don't understand the source code.

Have you looked at the information on how to add a new shape?
If you can add it just by using the XML that would be best.

If you think more features are needed in the User Interface it might be
useful to provide mockups in glade and attach the files to a bugzilla
report, the developers can probably use them as a useful guide.

why don't you use glade?. I think that it would make easy the developer of
the program.

Glade would probably make things easier, but not necessarily.

Dia runs on windows too, if the developer were not careful using Glade
could make things a less portable (as far as I know, if you are careful
with glade and dont use libglade this is not a problem, but i am sketchy
on the details).

The effort required to switch to using glade might cause problems, there
developers of Dia are all unpaid volunteers working on Dia only in their
free time.

Thanks.

Please send more information and explain exaclty what it is you are tying
to do.

Sincerely
Alan Horkan

/me wishes he could automate the silly answers i provide, need templates
or something ...

Dia-list mailing list
Dia-list gnome org

Presumably you already know this but
the link at the bottom of every mail sort of leads indirectly to the
mailing list arcives.
bugzilla is at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
the dia website is
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/